The Resource The Bill Cook story : ready, fire, aim!
- The Bill Cook story : ready, fire, aim!
- Title remainder
- ready, fire, aim!
- Statement of responsibility
- Bob Hammel
- trueBusiness and economics -- Business leaders and entrepreneurs
- trueBusiness success
- Businessmen -- Indiana -- Biography
- trueCook, Bill, 1931-
- Cook, Bill, 1931-2011
- Billionaires -- Indiana -- Biography
- trueMiddle West
- trueLife stories -- Business | Business leaders
- trueBillionaires -- Middle West -- Biography
- "Bill Cook epitomizes the American success story. His business ventures in medical devices, pharmaceuticals, genetics, real estate, retail management, and travel services have made him a billionaire. Yet Cook continues to lead a modest life, involving himself in a variety of philanthropic activities that have included historic preservation and even a marching band. This compelling story is the first-ever biography of the entrepreneur who, working from the spare bedroom of his Bloomington, Indiana, apartment in 1963 with a $1,500 investment, began to construct the wire guides, needles, and catheters that would become the foundation of the global multi-billion-dollar Cook Group. Biographer Bob Hammel, with extraordinary access to Cook, his files, and his associates, has created a vivid portrait of this modern, multidimensional Horatio Alger - quirky humor, widely varied interests, and all. Informative and inspiring, this book celebrates an exceptional self-made individual."--BOOK JACKET
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .H347 2008
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Bill Cook story : ready, fire, aim!
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Bill Cook story : ready, fire, aim!
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.in.gov/resource/nfW6BiVw4Hc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.in.gov/resource/nfW6BiVw4Hc/">The Bill Cook story : ready, fire, aim!</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.in.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.in.gov/">Indiana State Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>