The Resource Divergent
- Statement of responsibility
- Veronica Roth
- trueSocial classes
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- Science fiction
- trueScience fiction
- Basic training (Military education) -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- trueBooks to movies
- Caste -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChicago, Illinois
- Courage -- Juvenile fiction
- trueDystopian fiction
- Dystopias -- Juvenile fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueIdentity (Psychology)
- Identity (Psychology) -- Juvenile fiction
- Large type books
- truePrior, Tris (Fictitious character)
- trueOptions, alternatives, choices
- trueTeenage girls
- Social classes -- Juvenile fiction
- In dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue -- Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice Prior, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is -- she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself. During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves... or it might destroy her
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2012
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), High School, 2013.
- California Young Reader Medal, Young Adult, 2014.
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2014.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2014.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2014.
- Gateway Readers Award (Missouri), 2014.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2013.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2011.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2014.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 9-12, 2013.
- Iowa High School Book Award, 2014.
- Isinglass Teen Read Award (New Hampshire), 2012-2013.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 9-12, 2013.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2014.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2014.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2013.
- Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award, 2011.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2011.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), High School Books, 2014.
- Soaring Eagle Book Award (Wyoming), 2013.
- South Carolina Book Award, Young Adult Books, 2014.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2012
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2012
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Senior, 2014.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Divergent trilogy
- Thorndike Press Large Print The Literacy Bridge
- Series volume
- bk. 1
- Target audience
ContextContext of Divergent
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Divergent
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.in.gov/resource/H9ySg52AnnA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.in.gov/resource/H9ySg52AnnA/">Divergent</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.in.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.in.gov/">Indiana State Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>