The Resource How to steal a dog
- How to steal a dog
- Statement of responsibility
- by Barbara O'Connor
- Title variation
- How to steal a dog
- trueRight and wrong
- trueSmall towns -- North Carolina
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction
- Conduct of life -- Fiction
- Dogs -- Fiction
- trueFamily problems
- Family problems -- Fiction
- trueFather-deserted families
- trueFirst person narratives
- Homeless persons -- Fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- trueMoney-making projects
- trueMoney-making projects for girls
- trueNorth Carolina
- North Carolina -- Fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- Living in the family car in their small North Carolina town after their father leaves them virtually penniless, Georgina, desperate to improve their situation and unwilling to accept her overworked mother's calls for patience, persuades her younger brother to help her in an elaborate scheme to get money by stealing a dog and then claiming the reward that the owners are bound to offer
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2010.
- South Carolina Book Award, Children’s Books, 2009.
- Surrey Schools' Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2011.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Third-Fifth Grade, 2010.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 2011.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Awards note
- Young Hoosier Book Award Winner, 2010-2011.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- How 2009
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of How to steal a dog
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work How to steal a dog
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.in.gov/resource/DmFrarspDFc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.in.gov/resource/DmFrarspDFc/">How to steal a dog</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.in.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.in.gov/">Indiana State Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>