The Resource How to steal a dog
- How to steal a dog
- Statement of responsibility
- by Barbara O'Connor
- Title variation
- How to steal a dog
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueMoney-making projects for girls
- Dogs -- Fiction
- trueRight and wrong
- Homeless persons -- Fiction
- trueMoney-making projects
- trueNorth Carolina
- trueFamily problems
- Conduct of life -- Fiction
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueFather-deserted families
- Family problems -- Fiction
- trueSmall towns -- North Carolina
- North Carolina -- Fiction
- Living in the family car in their small North Carolina town after their father leaves them virtually penniless, Georgina, desperate to improve their situation and unwilling to accept her overworked mother's calls for patience, persuades her younger brother to help her in an elaborate scheme to get money by stealing a dog and then claiming the reward that the owners are bound to offer
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2010.
- South Carolina Book Award, Children’s Books, 2009.
- Surrey Schools' Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2011.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Third-Fifth Grade, 2010.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 2011.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Awards note
- Young Hoosier Book Award Winner, 2010-2011.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- How 2009
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of How to steal a dog
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work How to steal a dog
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.in.gov/resource/DmFrarspDFc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.in.gov/resource/DmFrarspDFc/">How to steal a dog</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.in.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.in.gov/">Indiana State Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>